Welcome to ESC Virtual Labs
To facilitate off-campus access to campus software and services, this page helps to direct students and faculty to the most appropriate way to access the resources they need.
*VMware Horizon Desktop is an on-campus service. To access it off-campus, you will need to use the VPN.
- Download the current VPN client here: [Windows] [MacOS] [Linux]
- Students need to connect using the following server address: https://vpnaccess.nd.edu/go
- Staff and faculty need to connect using the following server address: https://vpnaccess.nd.edu
**This page is currently being constructed** Please check back as we continuously update the applications and how best to access them.
VMware Horizon Desktop
The Horizon Service provides three desktop pools, listed below.
- Engineering CAD (CSI Bridge, Creo, Solidworks, AutoCAD 2017, Autodesk Civil 3D 2019, Maya 2020, SAP2000, COMSOL)
- Engineering Non-CAD (AspenPlus, MATLAB, BioWin, ADS2020, MakerBot, Interactive Heat Transfer 4.0)
- Science (Homer Energy Pro, TopSpin)
AWS AppStream 2.0
The AppStream Service provides the following desktop pools for Engineering and Science, listed below.
- Engineering & Science Graphics Virtual (AutoCAD 2017, Civil 3D 2019, Solidworks 2018, SAP 2000, Makerbot, MATLAB, Quartus, COMSOL 5, Maya 2020)
- Engineering & Science Standard Virtual (Homer Energy Pro, CSI Bridge 2017, BioWin 6, Interactive Heat Transfer 4.0)
Connect to AppStream by logging in to the Okta Web Portal.
If you experience any issues with these services, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.